Some of our joint initiatives include
- Feedback to SATSA on the development of national industry guidelines on captive wildlife in tourism. Once their guidelines were released, the Lion Coalition was in full support.
- Submission to Department of Environmental Affairs to object the setting of the 2019 lion bone quota (still pending).
- Nominations to the Department of Environmental Affairs for the High-Level Panel.
- Lion cubs born through artificial insemination at Ukutula Conservation Centre & Biobank.
- Contributions to the Parliamentary Colloquium on the captive breeding industry (August 2018).
As well as many open letters and media statements.